Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #180: Thousand File Challenge

rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Picked up a couple of new tricks from this one! Never had to use the file format before...

Batch macro, configured to allow different output schema:
Challenge 180 2021-03-05 macro.jpg

Challenge 180 2021-03-05.jpg
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This one was unneccessarily painful for two reasons:

• It took me FOREVER to realize that even though 1692 files were provided, we only needed to read in the ones with the 15 files types specified (NOT the 24 total unique file types)
  • Also, it took me ANOTHER FOREVER to determine that the reason my batch macro wasn't iterating was because I didn't have a tool (like a Browse) after the output of the macro. This mystifies me, why this is normal batch behavior... but once that was corrected, this was a quick exercise to finish it up! 
Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge180.JPG
Originally went the Dynamic Input route with the files, to try to batch them together by file type, but ultimately opted for the simpler solution based on reviewing other examples (while trying to solve my problems with the batch macro not working... ugh).

WeeklyChallenge180Macro.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

mpennington
11 - Bolide

That one challenged me, but I learned a few things. Always good.

Spoiler
For your batch, you need to be sure and change this in interface designer.

MP 180-3.jpg
Otherwise, the batch is pretty straightforward.
MP 180-2.jpg
Multiple fields posses the number you need, so you need to pull in the correct field.  Others are null.
MP 180-1.jpg
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'd been avoiding this one for awhile - but finally got around to doing it. Most of the time was spent realizing that I had .xlsx down twice so my sum was off by .7... oh well... It does seem like dynamic input should have featured prominently in this one - but obviously isn't.

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
180.PNG
MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
macro.pngworkflow.png

Here is my submission.

EW
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge!  It eluded me for a while. Love macro challenges.  I will say it was REALLY slow to run the macro, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong.  

Spoiler
The trick for me was to remember to change the setting to make the output change, then things seem to come together.  
180_EW Macro.PNG180_EW.PNG