Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #180: Thousand File Challenge

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. Took me a while to figure out I needed to change the output settings in Interface Designer.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.40.49.pngScreenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.40.53.pngScreenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.41.05.png
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

My Solution

AlexBough
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Same Workflow and Macro as everyone else seems to have. 

Note:

I didn't realise this for a while but in order for the batch macro to run more iterations you need to make sure there is a tool after in it your workflow. This may be common knowledge but it took me a while to work out that this was my problem!

JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

These types of challenges and tools are so transferable! I had needed something similar in the past, so found it simple... this time... lol!

RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_180_RODO_Solution.png
ganesamurthy
8 - Asteroid

My version of solution:

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_0-1572348376943.png

Macro:

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_1-1572348429733.png
arjanloogman
8 - Asteroid

My solution is not really MY solution (gathered from all of your solutions, but I made it work...) A lot of learning points from this one:

- I did not consider the helper files as irrelevant for importing with the macro

- I did not know of updating @FileFormat with a numerical value; is there any documentation on this?

- I did not know about the FileGetExt function, solved it with RegEx at first

Did not use the @FileFormat solution in the end, found the 'Update Input Data Tool' option mentioned by @Garrett more elegant.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 10.22.54.png

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 10.22.54.png

Regards,

Arjan Loogman

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

good challenge!

Spoiler
workflowworkflowbatch macrobatch macro
RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

This has been a tough one, but I learned some really valuable tricks, thanks!

rslopez2
8 - Asteroid

At first, only selected num field coming out of input macro. Really took me a second to figure out why my number wasn't summing up to the solution figure! 🙂

Workflow

Spoiler
RL_wk_180.png

Macro Input

Spoiler
RL_input_Batch.png