Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #180: Thousand File Challenge

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. Took me a while to figure out I needed to change the output settings in Interface Designer.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.40.49.pngScreenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.40.53.pngScreenshot 2019-10-12 at 18.41.05.png
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

My Solution

AlexBough
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Same Workflow and Macro as everyone else seems to have. 

Note:

I didn't realise this for a while but in order for the batch macro to run more iterations you need to make sure there is a tool after in it your workflow. This may be common knowledge but it took me a while to work out that this was my problem!

JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

These types of challenges and tools are so transferable! I had needed something similar in the past, so found it simple... this time... lol!

RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_180_RODO_Solution.png
ganesamurthy
8 - Asteroid

My version of solution:

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_0-1572348376943.png

Macro:

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_1-1572348429733.png
arjanloogman
8 - Asteroid

My solution is not really MY solution (gathered from all of your solutions, but I made it work...) A lot of learning points from this one:

- I did not consider the helper files as irrelevant for importing with the macro

- I did not know of updating @FileFormat with a numerical value; is there any documentation on this?

- I did not know about the FileGetExt function, solved it with RegEx at first

Did not use the @FileFormat solution in the end, found the 'Update Input Data Tool' option mentioned by @Garrett more elegant.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 10.22.54.png

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 10.22.54.png

Regards,

Arjan Loogman

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

good challenge!

Spoiler
workflowworkflowbatch macrobatch macro
RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

This has been a tough one, but I learned some really valuable tricks, thanks!

rslopez2
8 - Asteroid

At first, only selected num field coming out of input macro. Really took me a second to figure out why my number wasn't summing up to the solution figure! 🙂

Workflow

Spoiler
RL_wk_180.png

Macro Input

Spoiler
RL_input_Batch.png