Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #180: Thousand File Challenge

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Really interesting. Might have to demo this one day

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
garthn555
8 - Asteroid

So now I know to use the Interface Designer to allow different macro output formats. Had me stumped for a while - I resorted to using LNL's solution but it still didn't work although the macro looked identical. Should this option really be in the Interface Designer properties?

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This turned out to be quite some challenge after all

Spoiler
I had the basics done, but it actually took me some time to get the same summation as the provided result

My Worflow & MacroMy Worflow & Macro

The Macro it self was also pretty simple
The MacroThe Macro

So in the end, I did manage to match the result.

Still Climbing
/Verakso

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

OK - so clearly I was a glutton for punishment.    I read this as a challenge to also deal with the ZIP file.

Attempt number 1: Read the files while still INSIDE the zip file

- Works well but not for all file formats

Attempt number 2: Unzip the file programmatically - and then read the output files

- a quick bit of python to create a new target folder

- Then another bit of python to unzip

- Then a reader; some parsing; some cleaning 

… and just like that - an overnight solution (but over several nights)..

@Hollingsworth  - this is a reuse of that directory creation trick that we discussed on another thread

Spoiler

Solution Flow Part 1.pngSolution Flow Part 2.pngSolution Flow Part 3.pngSolution Flow Part 4.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solution is attached. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Nice challenge, my solution!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I spent way too much time trying to figure this out without manually unzipping the files. Once I unzipped them my regex was a bit off and made me lose some files. Once I fixed that I was able to get the right answer.

Spoiler
Challenge 180 - m.PNGChallenge 180 - wf.PNG
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
180. Data Parsing.png

180. Data Parsing 2.png
Loved this challenge! I didn't know you could change the file format dynamically as each format has an ID. Then, the only problem was getting the schema consistent!
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

I do notice that this is only 'solved' when we follow the file formats provided in the hint. When populating a complete file format list we get a very different result.

Spoiler
read all files.PNG

checked out this for guidance. turned out to be more of a distraction than a help though.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Documentation-tool-list-fileformat/idi-p/184...