Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #180: Thousand File Challenge

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Really interesting. Might have to demo this one day

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
garthn555
8 - Asteroid

So now I know to use the Interface Designer to allow different macro output formats. Had me stumped for a while - I resorted to using LNL's solution but it still didn't work although the macro looked identical. Should this option really be in the Interface Designer properties?

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This turned out to be quite some challenge after all

Spoiler
I had the basics done, but it actually took me some time to get the same summation as the provided result

My Worflow & MacroMy Worflow & Macro

The Macro it self was also pretty simple
The MacroThe Macro

So in the end, I did manage to match the result.

Still Climbing
/Verakso

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

OK - so clearly I was a glutton for punishment.    I read this as a challenge to also deal with the ZIP file.

Attempt number 1: Read the files while still INSIDE the zip file

- Works well but not for all file formats

Attempt number 2: Unzip the file programmatically - and then read the output files

- a quick bit of python to create a new target folder

- Then another bit of python to unzip

- Then a reader; some parsing; some cleaning 

… and just like that - an overnight solution (but over several nights)..

@Hollingsworth  - this is a reuse of that directory creation trick that we discussed on another thread

Spoiler

Solution Flow Part 1.pngSolution Flow Part 2.pngSolution Flow Part 3.pngSolution Flow Part 4.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solution is attached. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Nice challenge, my solution!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I spent way too much time trying to figure this out without manually unzipping the files. Once I unzipped them my regex was a bit off and made me lose some files. Once I fixed that I was able to get the right answer.

Spoiler
Challenge 180 - m.PNGChallenge 180 - wf.PNG
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
180. Data Parsing.png

180. Data Parsing 2.png
Loved this challenge! I didn't know you could change the file format dynamically as each format has an ID. Then, the only problem was getting the schema consistent!
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

I do notice that this is only 'solved' when we follow the file formats provided in the hint. When populating a complete file format list we get a very different result.

Spoiler
read all files.PNG

checked out this for guidance. turned out to be more of a distraction than a help though.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Documentation-tool-list-fileformat/idi-p/184...