Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #18: Predicting Baseball Wins

edorlando07
7 - Meteor

Challenge #18 solved! 

It was enlightening to see that you could derive the top 10 correlation coefficients from the Spearman rank correlation and the Pearson correlation outputs.

However, I was not able to get the predictors' p-values derived in the output.

It would be nice if Alteryx gave you the option of viewing different values from the R output provided.  Measuring the significance of the predictors is one of the metrics to consider when building a linear prediction model.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Had never used the Score tool before this--I like it!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I know sod all about building and validating regression models - so a very useful challenge. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_18 - Snip.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

A good test on Predictive tools.

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

Took longer than I likely needed to to get that dang hyphen...

Spoiler
Week 18.png
michalsicak
7 - Meteor

I tried to make the selection of variables for the linear regression tool dynamic, but only managed to narrow the list down. the clicking is still a manual process.

Spoiler
challenge18.png
Natasha
9 - Comet

Catching up on the old ones. I was curious to compare that in all three methods top 10 predictor variables are actually the same

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 23.06.46.png
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

A nice introduction to Linear Regression.

A quick glance through tells me I've done this pretty much the same way as everyone else.

Spoiler
I first ran the data into the Association Analysis tool, and deselected the appropriate fields. This then gave me the top ten associated fields.
Association.PNG
I then used this to determine the predictor variables in the linear analysis tool.
I then simply filtered the required teams, scored them against the Linear Regression model, created the max number of wins, and calculated the other fields accordingly.
Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

I like getting all predicty.

Bulien

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Here is my version. I played around with the methods from other users.

Cheers!