Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #18: Predicting Baseball Wins

edorlando07
7 - Meteor

Challenge #18 solved! 

It was enlightening to see that you could derive the top 10 correlation coefficients from the Spearman rank correlation and the Pearson correlation outputs.

However, I was not able to get the predictors' p-values derived in the output.

It would be nice if Alteryx gave you the option of viewing different values from the R output provided.  Measuring the significance of the predictors is one of the metrics to consider when building a linear prediction model.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Had never used the Score tool before this--I like it!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I know sod all about building and validating regression models - so a very useful challenge. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_18 - Snip.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

A good test on Predictive tools.

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

Took longer than I likely needed to to get that dang hyphen...

Spoiler
Week 18.png
michalsicak
7 - Meteor

I tried to make the selection of variables for the linear regression tool dynamic, but only managed to narrow the list down. the clicking is still a manual process.

Spoiler
challenge18.png
Natasha
9 - Comet

Catching up on the old ones. I was curious to compare that in all three methods top 10 predictor variables are actually the same

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 23.06.46.png
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

A nice introduction to Linear Regression.

A quick glance through tells me I've done this pretty much the same way as everyone else.

Spoiler
I first ran the data into the Association Analysis tool, and deselected the appropriate fields. This then gave me the top ten associated fields.
Association.PNG
I then used this to determine the predictor variables in the linear analysis tool.
I then simply filtered the required teams, scored them against the Linear Regression model, created the max number of wins, and calculated the other fields accordingly.
Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

I like getting all predicty.

Bulien

asabau
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Here is my version. I played around with the methods from other users.

Cheers!