Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #18: Predicting Baseball Wins

timrains
8 - Asteroid

No idea what any of the predictors mean...but all done, similar to a lot of the other solutions. 

Spoiler
Week18.PNG

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution.  I wouldn't have had a clue about how to go about this challenge without having attended the Machine Learning training at Inspire2019, so thank you very much Guiseppe and Fadi for starting me on the road to Predictive Analytics using Alteryx!

Spoiler
Challenge18.jpg
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Reposting to add spoiler (tracker is not working correctly without it).

Got the answer based on the data, but since data for CHC is based on only 161 games, I created a second path to project raw number stats (but not percentage stats) for 162 games.  Not sure if it is completely valid as some percentage stats would need to be adjusted based on new raw number stats, but alters results to project CHC to win 3 fewer games.

Spoiler
Workflow 18.JPG

DataTester
8 - Asteroid

Inactive User
Not applicable

JamesFo
8 - Asteroid

Illya
8 - Asteroid

Very good challenge. Going to use this for training people to use the predictive tools.

I spend a significant amount of time looking for a way to "Select from a list".

i.e. once you have your list of top 10 variables how you you use that to select only those fields for the next step.

It's a minor thing but it felt a bit disjointed and undynamic to get to that point and then switch to selecting manually.

Sure there must be an easy way to do it but it is eluding me right now. Answers on a postcard please 🙂

KolsumaAktar
8 - Asteroid

solutions attached

JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

My effort. Nice introduction to predictive tools.

Spoiler
JamesCameron_0-1574074418245.png
Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid

Used the new Assisted modelling in 2019.4 beta and I love this new functionality