community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #18: Predicting Baseball Wins

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached

Asteroid

Fun challenge :) 

Hello there. Just a detail about this challenge. I didn't quite understand why you're using variables so that the R squared is so low in the linear regression of the solution. I'm not really used to predictive, but it appears to me that the best model to explain the correlation should have a higher R squared (I found one which is about 0.67 (adjusted) whereas the "solution" one is around 0.32). And, as i read the topic i didn't found anyone underlying this fact, so i'm a bit confused. 

Else, good challenge, very interesting

edit : watched my basics, got my misunderstatement

Asteroid

This was a fun intro to some Predictive Tools.

Quasar

That one was tough. Needed spoilers. Also, need to dig out my old stats books :-)

Challenge #18 done

Spoiler
Workflow.pngWorkflow

Follow my solution file attached...

Asteroid

My solution :)

Spoiler
challenge_18.PNG
Asteroid