community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler

clipboard_image_0.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution

Asteroid

My Solution:

Quasar

My solution!

Pulsar

The logic was challenging to wrap my head around, but this worked in any case!

Alteryx Partner

My Solution

Fireball

My solution is pretty similar to a lot of the others.

A couple of hints, if you were confused about the requirements like I was!

Spoiler
1 - The output should only contain lines that have something shipped
2 - The Qty in the output should be the order quantity if nothing has shipped, or the shipped quantity if something has shipped.
3 - If something exists in the Open Orders table, then the line status is Partial (even if the shipment quantity matches). I'm not sure how it's possible to have an order qty of 1 and a shipped qty of 1 and still be open, but that's how it appears to work! In other words, if a line exists at all in Open Orders, then it is not totally fulfilled yet.

My workflow:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Honestly had a hard time understanding the description (seems I'm not the only one!) but ended up getting there.

Spoiler
challenge_179_solution_justindavis.PNG

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_179.PNG

Solution attached

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 14.07.16.png