community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

Pulsar
Pulsar

This time, instead of trying to get the fastest solve time or trying to create the workflow with the fewest tools, I tried to get this done with the fewest runs. Day to day, I'm constantly adding tools to the canvas then running the workflow to check the data as I build out workflows. So I wanted to challenge myself to trust my thinking and continue on adding tools without running so often. In the end, I got this done in 3 runs. 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Spoiler
2019-09-12 15_46_34-Greenshot.pngMessy solution
Asteroid

I decided to look slightly differently at the challenge. Instead of flagging only the records in shipment data, I flagged all orders, as I thought it's also important to know which orders have not shipped at all but maybe should be on their way. Also added breakdown by parts with how much was shipped and how much is left to be shipped. Thanks for the challenge!

and so here are my results:

image.png

Meteor

This is my solution

Atom

This is my solution

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

Nebula

My solution

Spoiler
w.png

Dan

Some of my lines were different. I counted the shipments without orders as "received not ordered" instead of order complete. 

Alteryx Partner

Here's my take on the challenge. 

Cheers !

Marya

Asteroid

Asteroid

It took me a little while to understand what's going on, but then all I had to do is to follow what was in the body of the question.