community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

Bolide
Bolide

Took me longer to understand the logic than to build the workflow.  Really had to ponder this one and it was so simple all along!

Comet

This took me longer than expected but I'm happy to see my own progression with RegEx even if it could be cleaner...

Spoiler
WC179 OrdersShipments.png
Asteroid

Challenge #179 solved!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid

I configured the text to columns tool to parse on comma and pipe at the same time. Figuring out the completed order was easy; figuring out the completed lines was a little confusing.

Spoiler
2019-09-06_13-22-56.jpg

This is my first weekly challenge reply.  Getting to the given output was fine but I believe the output is flawed.  For example, the Line Number for Open Order 1|3,A,5 does have a corresponding shipment.  However, Shipping does have an order 1|1|1,A,5.  Based on the output file, this challenge assumes that Open Order Line number 3 can be filled by Shipment Line number 1.  For this reason I solved the problem for Closed Orders, Open Orders Remaining, and Over Shipments.  In this scenario the only order that can be closed is 8 and 1,3,4, and 7 resulted in an over shipment.  To help the people in shipping I output which shipments need to be recalled. I hope you enjoy my interpretation.  Tons of functionality could added such as updating Open orders and shipment input files and creating templates for the outputs...  Cool program.

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Quasar

My solution

Spoiler
Challenge #179.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

The hardest part of this one was figuring out what was wanted.

Spoiler
Turns out this is just a parsing exercise followed by implementing a couple of rules: (1) if the order or a line appears in the open orders file then it is open. If it doesn't then it isn't. (2) If a line or order only appears in the shipment file, then it is completed. The quantities in the two files and the product codes don't matter.
Quasar

Here is my solution

Spoiler
Solution.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Bit confused, but the output matches,

Spoiler
Screenshot (13).pngWorkflow