Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Took me longer to understand the logic than to build the workflow.  Really had to ponder this one and it was so simple all along!

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

This took me longer than expected but I'm happy to see my own progression with RegEx even if it could be cleaner...

Spoiler
WC179 OrdersShipments.png
nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Challenge #179 solved!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

I configured the text to columns tool to parse on comma and pipe at the same time. Figuring out the completed order was easy; figuring out the completed lines was a little confusing.

Spoiler
2019-09-06_13-22-56.jpg
donahuepm
5 - Atom

This is my first weekly challenge reply.  Getting to the given output was fine but I believe the output is flawed.  For example, the Line Number for Open Order 1|3,A,5 does have a corresponding shipment.  However, Shipping does have an order 1|1|1,A,5.  Based on the output file, this challenge assumes that Open Order Line number 3 can be filled by Shipment Line number 1.  For this reason I solved the problem for Closed Orders, Open Orders Remaining, and Over Shipments.  In this scenario the only order that can be closed is 8 and 1,3,4, and 7 resulted in an over shipment.  To help the people in shipping I output which shipments need to be recalled. I hope you enjoy my interpretation.  Tons of functionality could added such as updating Open orders and shipment input files and creating templates for the outputs...  Cool program.

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
kat
12 - Quasar

My solution

Spoiler
Challenge #179.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The hardest part of this one was figuring out what was wanted.

Spoiler
Turns out this is just a parsing exercise followed by implementing a couple of rules: (1) if the order or a line appears in the open orders file then it is open. If it doesn't then it isn't. (2) If a line or order only appears in the shipment file, then it is completed. The quantities in the two files and the product codes don't matter.
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution

Spoiler
Solution.PNG
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Bit confused, but the output matches,

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow