Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I did not complete this in my under 10 minute goal.  I found myself getting tripped up on looking at the wrong field for updating the "Order Complete" column.  Attached is my solution.

Spoiler
Workflow 179.GIF

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I'm not sure my solution would catch multiple shipments but it works for the data provided.

Bdonahue
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Hopefully most systems have an order/invoice table to reference instead of just an open/shipped table.  

1.)Replace "|" with ',' split to columns, dynamic rename based upon first row.  

2.) Join and full-outer union.  

3.)Summarize to Order/Line level, determine line level shipment and flag for complete or not complete.  

4.) Summarize on Order, count number of open lines and set flag for Completed/Not completed orders.

5.) Join back to Line level

6.) Join back to shipment level 

7.) Filter on Shipment number != to Null

8.) Sort on Order Id and Line Id

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.33.33 PM.png
lmorrell
11 - Bolide

As others have noted, Order 8 Line 12 is a bit dodgy due to the nature of having a quantity of 1 being in Open Orders and a quantity of 1 having been shipped... Regardless, my answer matches the output and is attached.

Spoiler
Snag_9c8af38.png
meeravijayan2011
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
challenge 179 solution.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

There's a flaw in one of the orders in the expected outcome - at least, I think so.

Spoiler
179.jpg
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Not my cleanest solution but it works...  I get to the same results... 

Not sure about the quantity on order line 8 line 12 though... 

sudhar46
7 - Meteor

Not the best solution but still got the output.

DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

JGreenSCVL
5 - Atom

I would agree with a few of the other replies that there might be an error in the input file for one of the line items.