Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #179: Calculating Order Status

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here

This week's challenge comes to us from @wwatson!  Based on a use case, this challenge recreates a real-life business problem (calculating order status) that was solved with Alteryx.

Thanks @wwatson for submitting this challenge! 

Have a great idea for a challenge?  We want to hear it!  Submit your challenge idea to our Academy Team to contribute to our Community.  

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution.

Spoiler
03-09-_2019_18-41-44.png
acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

There might be an error with order #8 line #12. The solution has it marked as "Partial" for the "Line Complete Status," but I argue that line is in fact complete. Just because a line is in the "Open Orders" file doesn't mean that line is partially shipped. It just means that line belongs to an order that is still open. Therefore, you have to check the shipped quantities against the ordered quantities to check the status of each line.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
andresleonm
7 - Meteor

I was about to say that. It has to say "Order Complete Status" -> "Partial" and "Line Complete Status" -> "Line Complete".

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's my not very concise solution:

Spoiler
Annotation 2019-09-03 140808.jpg
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think, "Open Orders" lists the remaining (not yet delivered) quantity, so a line "8|12|2,H,1" in "Shipments" will be needed to fulfill the order line.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This was a tough one as I was able to figure out the Order Complete Status relatively quickly, but the Line Complete Status was tough and had some tricky parts. Overall fun challenge! I look forward to seeing how others finish this one. 

Spoiler
Challenge 179.PNG
hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

andresleonm
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution. Please fix the challenge output in "Order Number" -> 8 "Line Number" -> 12.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I spend longer than I'd like to admit solving this as I didn't understand why "8|12,H,1" isn't complete / complete, but worked out in the end how to get it to match the solution.

Spoiler
Challenge 179.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com