We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
@RolandSchubert I just wanted point out some minor errors here.
I added an equal sign onto the filter, and then also changed the way Summary should count Vowels:
I changed the field from "Vowel" to "Count", and changed action frmo "Count" to "Sum."
I basically summed the count for each group (vowel), and this changed the order of count number for vowels.
However, this didn't influence "which" vowels got counted the most for top 5 (only order changed).
Please let me know if I made an error.
Hi @LifebloomX , you are absolutely right regarding the COUNT/SUM. I used "> 8" for length, because "yay" is appended to words startings with a vowel (length of encoded "yay" = 6) and I expected the "original" word to have at least 2 letters (length encoded >= 4).
Thank you for the hint, I'll correct the workflow.
@RolandSchubert That's what I thought when I saw that > there...so you just assumed it had at least 2 letters on the front. Anyways, thanks for posting your solution! Your solution was very easy to follow
I tried to find
1. The most common characters
2. The most common characters at the start of words (vowels)
3. The most common characters in one letter words (ayay and Iyay)
4. The most common characters that come in pairs.
5. The most common words beginning with vowels
...and pieced it together from there.
This was fun. Probably the first time I've used Designer where the outcome wasn't a reusable workflow but a solution to a problem. I'm attaching the workflow just to show some of the tools I used.
I had no idea how to approach this one until @PhilipMannering gave me some tips
This one I spent extra time on for two reasons.
1. I really was trying to understand the ASCII rotation logic and looking for a pattern that would repeat for the two character codes.
2. Converting from pig-Latin to English isn't easy and is hampered by punctuation and Olde English.