Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
キャプチャ1.JPGキャプチャ2.JPGキャプチャ3.JPGキャプチャ4.JPG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

My solution

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Very similar solution as others.    this does make me wish for the capability to pass values from a workflow directly into a dropdown as suggested by @patrick_digan  here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/List-Box-DropDown-pull-dynamic-data-using-qu...

Spoiler

Step 0Step 0Step 1 - wheel widthStep 1 - wheel widthStep 2 - Wheel ratioStep 2 - Wheel ratioStep 3 - Wheel sizeStep 3 - Wheel size

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

My solution:

Spoiler
Thanks for this challenge! It was my first opportunity to build a chained app. 

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I've spent so long trying to figure out what wasn't working. Turns out I kept forgetting to update my interface tools after testing various combinations... Got there in the end though!

Highlighted

Nice one!

Spoiler
untitiled1.pnguntitiled2.pnguntitiled3.pnguntitiled4.png
Highlighted
11 - Bolide

My solution using chained apps

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

I quite enjoy building chained apps! Took me a while to figure out how to get the decimals to work correctly by converting them to strings. I went a step further and added a pdf output with details of the selected tire dimensions.

Spoiler
Intro app interface.PNGApp 1 interface.PNGApp 2 interface.PNGApp 3 interface.PNGResults interface.PNGIntro app.PNGApp 1.PNGApp 2.PNGApp 3.PNG

Highlighted

Solution attached

Spoiler
2019-10-12 19.07.12.gif
Highlighted
Spoiler
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG