Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
Part 1

clipboard_image_0.png

Part 2

clipboard_image_1.png

Part 3

clipboard_image_2.png

NickTheGreek
5 - Atom

Hi All

Attempt attached. This was a great into to chained apps.

If anyone is up for an extra challenge this week I have a question in the Spoiler below. 

Spoiler

In the first App I was able to update the drop down options from the input data file (see below), however in the following apps I had to read the list options in from an External Source so that they updated (and prep that source in the preceding app). If I tried populate the drop down options from the Field headers of the connected tool then they would not update dynamically.

Does anyone know why that is the case, or whether it is actually possible? 
I'll have a look through some of the other users' attempts, however is you are reading this, and you have the answer your help would be greatly appreciated.  

clipboard_image_0.png

FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid
Interesting weekly challenge to understand chained apps - is there a way to avoid the first pop-up window to access directly to the Tire Width selection? Please find attached my proposed solution - Thank you
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Good challenge. Chained Apps are underused. 

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This challenge is excellent practice for chaining apps! I have spent the last month working through chained apps and this challenge is super helpful to learn some of the things it took me a few weeks to learn.

Spoiler
Challenge 175 - 1.PNGChallenge 175 - 2.PNGChallenge 175 - 3.PNGChallenge 175 - 4.PNG
alex
11 - Bolide

Pretty much same as everyone else's. Good practice.

PaceParillo
7 - Meteor

Super useful challenge!

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My solution. Great way to practice chaining apps!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Solution.

Sapna Gupta
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Catching up.  On PTO last week (soooo many breweries in Bend, OR) and launched internal Alteryx User Group yesterday!  I like chained apps for this very purpose where you want to limit the app user to seeing only relevant information at each step.

Spoiler
Part 1Part 1

Part 2Part 2

Part 3Part 3

Part 4Part 4