community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

Asteroid

Hey @lmorrell 

Thanks for pointing out how to export the chained app.

I ended up organizing the needed files inside a Files folder. Let me know if it works please.

Spoiler
2019-08-07_10-04-21.jpg

Fun challenge, and great practice. My solution is pretty similar to @NicoleJohnson's.

Workflows:

Spoiler
part1.PNGpart2.PNGpart3.PNGpart4.PNG

Inputs and output:

Spoiler
input1.PNG

input2.PNG

input3.PNG

input4.PNG

Output:
output.PNG

OK, this works but I'm sure my method was all wrong.  I've used the Interface tools a bunch but not for chaining apps, so this challenge was both illuminating and frustrating.

Edit: Now that I've looked at @NicoleJohnson's solution I'm feeling a lot better about my work.  Path varies but the hand-off between apps was similar.

Spoiler
Step 1:
step_1.png

Step 2:step_2.png

Step 3
step_3.png 

Asteroid

Great practice creating chained apps!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Bolide
Bolide

This is great practice!  Very useful.

Asteroid

Hi @JORGE4900 

Great work! Happy to say that I'm able to download and run your app with everything packaged inside the .yxzp  

Alteryx Partner

No idea how to create one app that handles this input, but here's my template you can cut in three parts and use sequentially.

Spoiler
175 three apps.png
Alteryx Partner

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 175.jpg
Quasar

Never actually made a chained app before. Yay for weekly challenges that introduce you to all these topics.

Spoiler
Challenge #175_3.PNGStep 3Challenge #175_2.PNGStep 2Challenge #175_1.PNGStep 1

Bolide

See attached for my app!

One weird thing I noticed-- try running the app selecting 152.4 in the first drop down. There is clearly a record with that point, it shows up in the summery tool, but filtering on that exact value does not yield results. Anyone know why?

Megan

EDIT: Found an answer to my own question: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Basic-filter-tool-does-not-work-for-ce...