Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hey @lmorrell 

Thanks for pointing out how to export the chained app.

I ended up organizing the needed files inside a Files folder. Let me know if it works please.

Spoiler
2019-08-07_10-04-21.jpg
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge, and great practice. My solution is pretty similar to @NicoleJohnson's.

Workflows:

Spoiler
part1.PNGpart2.PNGpart3.PNGpart4.PNG

Inputs and output:

Spoiler
input1.PNG

input2.PNG

input3.PNG

input4.PNG

Output:
output.PNG
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

OK, this works but I'm sure my method was all wrong.  I've used the Interface tools a bunch but not for chaining apps, so this challenge was both illuminating and frustrating.

Edit: Now that I've looked at @NicoleJohnson's solution I'm feeling a lot better about my work.  Path varies but the hand-off between apps was similar.

Spoiler
Step 1:
step_1.png

Step 2:step_2.png

Step 3
step_3.png 

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Great practice creating chained apps!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is great practice!  Very useful.

lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @JORGE4900 

Great work! Happy to say that I'm able to download and run your app with everything packaged inside the .yxzp  

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

No idea how to create one app that handles this input, but here's my template you can cut in three parts and use sequentially.

Spoiler
175 three apps.png
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 175.jpg
kat
12 - Quasar

Never actually made a chained app before. Yay for weekly challenges that introduce you to all these topics.

Spoiler
Step 3Step 3Step 2Step 2Step 1Step 1

mmenth
11 - Bolide

See attached for my app!

One weird thing I noticed-- try running the app selecting 152.4 in the first drop down. There is clearly a record with that point, it shows up in the summery tool, but filtering on that exact value does not yield results. Anyone know why?

Megan

EDIT: Found an answer to my own question: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Basic-filter-tool-does-not-work-for-ce...