community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

Alteryx Certified Partner

Completed.

Spoiler
06-08-_2019_11-53-31.png06-08-_2019_11-53-44.png06-08-_2019_11-53-54.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great challenge!

Perfect intro to chaining analytical apps! Love it!

Spoiler
James Marks Week 175.PNG

I could only include the first part of my solution here though, maybe in the future allow multiple attachments per post?

Alteryx
Alteryx

Aurora

Hi @JamesMA 

If you export your first workflow (Options->Export Workflow), it will package all 3 .yxmz apps together into one .yxzp file allowing you to deploy all three at once.  

Dan  

Aurora

Another fun challenge.  What car uses 63.5mm tires??  That's only 1.5mm wider than the largest Lego wheels.  

Lego.png   

What is it??? a Car for Ants

ants.png

Spoiler
I went with the field name approach for the first app after getting a unique list of widths

Step 1.png

The second step uses Ratios.yxdb output from step 1 to display the available ratios for the width selected in step 1 and gets the unique Rim Sizes

Step2.png

Step 3 is similar to step 2, but presents the output window at the end

Dan

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
1.PNGstep 1

2.PNGstep 2

3.PNGstep 3
Asteroid

apps saved as workflows enclosed.

Alteryx