community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
キャプチャ1.JPGキャプチャ2.JPGキャプチャ3.JPGキャプチャ4.JPG
Alteryx Partner

My solution

Nebula
Nebula

Very similar solution as others.    this does make me wish for the capability to pass values from a workflow directly into a dropdown as suggested by @patrick_digan  here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/List-Box-DropDown-pull-dynamic-data-using-qu...

Spoiler

Step 0.jpgStep 0Step 1.jpgStep 1 - wheel widthstep 2.jpgStep 2 - Wheel ratiostep 3.jpgStep 3 - Wheel size

Quasar

My solution:

Spoiler
Thanks for this challenge! It was my first opportunity to build a chained app. 

Capture.JPG

Asteroid

I've spent so long trying to figure out what wasn't working. Turns out I kept forgetting to update my interface tools after testing various combinations... Got there in the end though!

Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Nice one!

Spoiler
untitiled1.pnguntitiled2.pnguntitiled3.pnguntitiled4.png
Highlighted
Bolide

My solution using chained apps

Alteryx Partner

I quite enjoy building chained apps! Took me a while to figure out how to get the decimals to work correctly by converting them to strings. I went a step further and added a pdf output with details of the selected tire dimensions.

Spoiler
Intro app interface.PNGApp 1 interface.PNGApp 2 interface.PNGApp 3 interface.PNGResults interface.PNGIntro app.PNGApp 1.PNGApp 2.PNGApp 3.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached

Spoiler
2019-10-12 19.07.12.gif
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG