Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Does the updated selection for App2 have to have a separate output? Can you just use the main output from App1 to feed the selection for App2? I ended up using a separate output to update the selections for Apps 2 and 3.

Solution attached.

Spoiler
App1App1
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... Nice idea to ask for a chained app... had to do some research!

paragmittal
5 - Atom

And Its Done.

jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Great challenge!  I'd never created a chained app before, so I definitely learned some new things from this challenge.

MYG
6 - Meteoroid

My solution! Great challenge! It helped me to learn how to chain app.

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

Spoiler
I created three different steps, which are using an auxiliar .yxdb to store the choices made by the user. The third one is filtering results with the choices of the user 😉

step1_challenge_175_richobsj.PNG

step2_challenge_175_richobsj.PNG

step3_challenge_175_richobsj.PNG

* Launch step1 as an app

nilaysameer
7 - Meteor
My solution
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
challenge_175.PNG
Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

A fun one to put together - the rim size confused me for a bit because the question made me think I would need to calculate it!

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello @mmenth 

I noticed my application had the same issue. I updated the Select tool to decimal(19,1), and it fixed it.

Good catch!