Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #175: Tire Size Calculator

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hey @lmorrell 

Thanks for pointing out how to export the chained app.

I ended up organizing the needed files inside a Files folder. Let me know if it works please.

Spoiler
2019-08-07_10-04-21.jpg
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge, and great practice. My solution is pretty similar to @NicoleJohnson's.

Workflows:

Spoiler
part1.PNGpart2.PNGpart3.PNGpart4.PNG

Inputs and output:

Spoiler
input1.PNG

input2.PNG

input3.PNG

input4.PNG

Output:
output.PNG
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

OK, this works but I'm sure my method was all wrong.  I've used the Interface tools a bunch but not for chaining apps, so this challenge was both illuminating and frustrating.

Edit: Now that I've looked at @NicoleJohnson's solution I'm feeling a lot better about my work.  Path varies but the hand-off between apps was similar.

Spoiler
Step 1:
step_1.png

Step 2:step_2.png

Step 3
step_3.png 

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Great practice creating chained apps!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is great practice!  Very useful.

lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @JORGE4900 

Great work! Happy to say that I'm able to download and run your app with everything packaged inside the .yxzp  

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

No idea how to create one app that handles this input, but here's my template you can cut in three parts and use sequentially.

Spoiler
175 three apps.png
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 175.jpg
kat
12 - Quasar

Never actually made a chained app before. Yay for weekly challenges that introduce you to all these topics.

Spoiler
Step 3Step 3Step 2Step 2Step 1Step 1

mmenth
11 - Bolide

See attached for my app!

One weird thing I noticed-- try running the app selecting 152.4 in the first drop down. There is clearly a record with that point, it shows up in the summery tool, but filtering on that exact value does not yield results. Anyone know why?

Megan

EDIT: Found an answer to my own question: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Basic-filter-tool-does-not-work-for-ce...