Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #174: Appyhay Ondaymay!

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

m sure this is correct, but the expected translates you to youyay (as if it begins with a vowel). But heres my go, it deals with the punctuation, casing and spaces (so many trailing spaces 😮 ) would like to come back to this and make it more reasuable.

Spoiler

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Quite a bit of tweaking involved in this problem!

Spoiler
challenge_174.PNG

KeithZ
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Close enough. Spent enough time on this. Didn't capitalize sentences and I have some incorrect quotes. Learned about the ::punct:: regex though.
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There has to be a cleaner solution than this. But I did want to make sure that any group of consonants however long, would be properly translated (thinking of words like "chrysalis").

andresleonm
7 - Meteor

Had to do it two times because I didn't like how I did it the first time.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Nicholas_Bowskill
7 - Meteor

Surprisingly complicated with all the different possibilities....

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a great example of

a) a challenge that is directly tied to some of the interactive training that's available  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Using-RegEx-in-Expressions/ta-p/424427

b) a workflow that is different during development than the final product

Good fun - thank you!

Spoiler

Build this using a flow that broke this into one word at a time to make it easier to debug:
Trick is to use Regex that uses named elements ($1) to do this fairly simply

Split Flow by Word.pngTestingInProgress.png

The final flow then removes the TextToColumns tools to keep the sentances whole.

FinalFlow.png

ch12345
7 - Meteor

There are a number of different solutions here, I have used regex in mine, but I'm not sure how well it would work if there were numbers as well as letters.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 174 completed in just 6 tools! Got to love RegEx!

Spoiler
challenge 174 JMS solution.PNG
tiffany_chen
8 - Asteroid

There are two important things we should concern in this case:

1) The Message will be truncated due to its format (V_String-89), so we should modify the format first.

2) About the Pig_Latin rules, I used "A/E/I/O/U" as the key to find out transfer rules. But there's an exception when I compare the result. That is "you", we should transfer it to "youyay" other than "ouyay". So I added "you" into vowel list.

Spoiler
Annotation 2019-12-25 135013.pngAnnotation 2019-12-25 140342.png