community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #174: Appyhay Ondaymay!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Wow that was a bit of a battle. Tried to do it in the least tools possible!

Managed 4

Spoiler
Workflow.jpg
Struggled handling the double and single quotes in fields in the regex, so had to swap the single to Tilda to get my regex syntax to parse. Happy if anyone can advise on the escape character?
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution. Translating "you" caused a little bit of confusion (solution says "youyay", but "ouyay" seems to conform to the Wikipedia rules).

Spoiler
06-08-_2019_12-20-31.png
Highlighted

It's been a while since I've solved a weekly challenge.  I may not have been as fast as @kat but I'm glad that I took the time to look at this problem.  @kelly_gilbert and I have a very similar solution (spoiler).  This was fun

Spoiler
capture.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Asteroid

My solution attached.

This one had RegEx written all over it, at least for me.  Ran into some issues trying to chain things together so I broke it up into individual words then split the processing whether the word started with a vowel or not.

Spoiler
174.png

My solution where I used mostly Formula tool.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Spoiler
Challenge 174 - Capture.pngRegex to the rescue
Asteroid

Bolide

Good RegEx practice. 

Spoiler
174.PNG174 workflow174 f.PNG174 formulas174 results.PNG174 results
Asteroid

Probably not the cleanest solution but it is identical!!!