community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #174: Appyhay Ondaymay!

Asteroid

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here!

At Alteryx, we have a quarterly event called "Innovation Days".   As a previous project, @ErikB  implemented a Pig-Latin converter.  

Etlay's ytray isthay oneyay orfay ourselvesyay!
( Let's try this one for ourselves!)

pig-latin.jpgOinkyay oinkyay!

Quasar

Not very pretty, but very fun. These puzzle challenges are the best

Spoiler
Challenge #174.PNG
Asteroid

Hi! Nice challenge, here my solution

Spoiler
challenge174.PNG
Comet

Going to submit this, it's not quite 100% as the logic doesn't deal with any punctuation within the phrases, but it's close enough for the time I've boxed for completing it.

Spoiler
Challenge 174.PNG
Nebula
Nebula

Unfay allengechay.

Ooklay Amay. Iyay uiltbay ayay ordsway

Spoiler
wf.png

Break it down to letters. Find the split between front and back.  Swap the front and back part. Add the suffix and build it back up.

anDay

Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge174_viveknshah.JPG

Could have streamlined the RegEx together but needed to break it out to make sure I was doing it right. 

Highlighted
Magnetar
Magnetar

Challenged myself to do it without RegEx, and it worked!!!

Learned 2 new functions in the process, STRSPN and STRCSPN. Try them out to test for vowels and punctuation.

Spoiler
image.png
Probably could have simplified my formula tool, but wanted to think it out a piece at a time, and also maintain the punctuation marks and capitalization scheme of the original

FUN!!!!!!!!! @danilang , we finally take different approaches

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
Those trailing spaces got the best of me

Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Wow! That was a tough one. Probably would have helped if I understood Pig Latin prior to doing this.

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 174.PNG
Asteroid

got everything except for the capitalization!