Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #173: Tour de France - Crow Edition

SarkaHubacek
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 9.44.52 am.png
Eduardo_Pavan
6 - Meteoroid

My solution

CliffordC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

alex
11 - Bolide

"If you can't be good be careful"

Spoiler
173.PNG
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I went down the same path as many others, or you could say I took the same route!

Spoiler
Workflow.jpg
ConradW
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

Solution 

nini
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Distance in km threw me off a bit there!

Spoiler
challenge_173.PNG
MithralHall
5 - Atom

Does anyone know the purpose of the La meme flag in Formula tool? Not what it's doing, but rather, why.

Spoiler

Same .3 second run time as solution, but with one less tool. The solution contains the Formula tool that flags the Stages mentioned in instr. that have same beg./end city. I wasn't sure why the solution contained this, since nothing was done downstream with it...

Capture.PNG

... unless the purpose was just to call out certain records that aren't being accurately reflected results under the current method, i.e. records that might require a little extra attention or different methodology.

On this note I played around with creating a convention for the two Stages w/ True La meme flag. One such approach might be to take the ratio of Bike_Distance to Bird_Distance for the rest of the population (False La meme flags), calculate the average of those ratios, then apply that average to the two True La Meme Stages that are currently returning 0 for Bird_Distance. In essence saying that on average there's a ratio between Bird and Bike distance, so if that average held true for these two Stages, this would be the bird distance. Attached as below in solution file. 

adding about 27km to bird distanceadding about 27km to bird distance

chetty
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached