Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

hpaulina
6 - Meteoroid

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution, fun one, took me some time to figure how to make the groups 🙂

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Compeleted

DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
jjasniewski
5 - Atom
Spoiler
172SolutionJJ.png
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I remembered the solution to this one from Inspire... This took me 3:04, but would have been MUCH longer if I hadn't remembered the key (and rarely used by me) tool!

Spoiler
challenge_172_workflow.PNG
EmilyCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

Wow,

I would have been out of the competition on this one.

-I tried the Make Groups Tool, but then scrapped it and went with the Summarize Tool.

@NicoleJohnson @danilang 

-Great Discussion that you all are having here:

-The instructions said to make groups and not necessarily use the Make Groups Tool, as my experience with it has been that when you don't have the confidence in a tool, it is best to not use it and especially when you are on the clock you just want a working solution. Later, you can always go back and "Clean up," as I have seen this in my role where I had a working workflow early on that was a bit "dirty/sloppy," but worked and was criticized, only to later go back and "clean it up,". 

-The "dirty" workflow got us the information we needed for a time limited project...

Nonetheless, a win is a win, so any way that you can reach the finish line is legal in my book.

Also: CEIL...I struggled with this for a bit, as I couldn't quite figure out how to get the numbers to round up,as I had to google this function.

-Cheers!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Matt

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Took me a while to find the correct spatial tool and use it right, so total time for this one appox. 15 minutes...

Spoiler
It was a nice use of the Group Tool2019-07-25 10_17_12-Alteryx Designer x64 - Weekly_Challenge_172_Solution_Verakso.yxmd_.png

It took me some time to figure out how to do the correct rounding of the result, but  a quick search in the search bar

2019-07-25 10_23_06-Alteryx Designer x64 - Weekly_Challenge_172_Solution_Verakso.yxmd_.png

Lead me swiftly in the right direction: How To: Round Numeric Values with the Formula Tool 

Still Climbing

/Verakso