community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

Asteroid

Quasar

Wheels were turning a moment too long on those spatial tools... We need more spatial weekly challenges!

Spoiler
Challenge #172.PNG
Alteryx Partner

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 172.jpg
Alteryx Partner

Great opportunity to work those spatial muscles!

Spoiler
challenge_172.png
Meteoroid
Spoiler
172Spoiler.PNG
Asteroid

This was a tough one!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Asteroid

Looking at everyone else's awesome solutions, I've already learned a lot about dealing with contiguous fields. Thank you everybody

Spoiler
Snag_51d064e4.png

And a time of 6.45

Spoiler
Screenshot_20190718-101846.jpg

Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge 172 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG

I stabbed at this for a little bit before I remember how my brilliant co-worker @CapriceW showed me how she had solved a spatial problem...

Spoiler
... with the Summarize tool.  Then it became easy.

172.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution. No way would I have been able to do this on stage without having a nervous breakdown... kudos to you Grand Prix contestants, you're all heroes!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 15.47.06.png