Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Entered for the London Grand Prix prelims and decided to time myself taking 9min 41sec. Took too long trying to solve a part where I need a unique tool but looking at others solutions others didn't need it so will review those to understand the differences, and blown away that @NicoleJohnson did it in sub-4!

Spoiler
Challenge 172.PNG

EDIT: Worked out it's because I take the matched fields from for the right input on of the join which caused the data to duplicate and then needing unique to de-duplicate. The data duplication is what cost me the time there!

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Whew! Was able to solve this while allaying fears about sleepaway camp and explaining what a hackathon is to my 10 year old.

Spoiler
Spoiler
image.png
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

klyuka
8 - Asteroid

As always good excersise of Alteryx designers.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi,

Solution for challenge #172.

Sapna Gupta
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

6 minutes of work

Spoiler
172.png
JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tough one to crack, it took me a while to find the right tool so probaly wouldn't have made the cut in the Grand Prix. Still very fun though!

Spoiler
Week 172.PNG
JReid
9 - Comet

First time using any sort of spatial tool, so it was a bit of trial and error, and a couple of tool searches, but I figured it out!

Spoiler
image.png
bnelly1987
8 - Asteroid

Great!

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 172.PNG
Ckaralis
6 - Meteoroid

My solution!