Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Entered for the London Grand Prix prelims and decided to time myself taking 9min 41sec. Took too long trying to solve a part where I need a unique tool but looking at others solutions others didn't need it so will review those to understand the differences, and blown away that @NicoleJohnson did it in sub-4!

Spoiler
Challenge 172.PNG

EDIT: Worked out it's because I take the matched fields from for the right input on of the join which caused the data to duplicate and then needing unique to de-duplicate. The data duplication is what cost me the time there!

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Whew! Was able to solve this while allaying fears about sleepaway camp and explaining what a hackathon is to my 10 year old.

Spoiler
Spoiler
image.png
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

klyuka
8 - Asteroid

As always good excersise of Alteryx designers.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi,

Solution for challenge #172.

Sapna Gupta
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

6 minutes of work

Spoiler
172.png
JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tough one to crack, it took me a while to find the right tool so probaly wouldn't have made the cut in the Grand Prix. Still very fun though!

Spoiler
Week 172.PNG
JReid
9 - Comet

First time using any sort of spatial tool, so it was a bit of trial and error, and a couple of tool searches, but I figured it out!

Spoiler
image.png
bnelly1987
8 - Asteroid

Great!

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 172.PNG
Ckaralis
6 - Meteoroid

My solution!