community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

Highlighted
Comet

Entered for the London Grand Prix prelims and decided to time myself taking 9min 41sec. Took too long trying to solve a part where I need a unique tool but looking at others solutions others didn't need it so will review those to understand the differences, and blown away that @NicoleJohnson did it in sub-4!

Spoiler
Challenge 172.PNG

EDIT: Worked out it's because I take the matched fields from for the right input on of the join which caused the data to duplicate and then needing unique to de-duplicate. The data duplication is what cost me the time there!

Pulsar
Pulsar

Whew! Was able to solve this while allaying fears about sleepaway camp and explaining what a hackathon is to my 10 year old.

Spoiler
Spoiler
image.png
Quasar

Solution attached.

Asteroid

As always good excersise of Alteryx designers.

Alteryx Partner

Hi,

Solution for challenge #172.

Alteryx Certified Partner

6 minutes of work

Spoiler
172.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Tough one to crack, it took me a while to find the right tool so probaly wouldn't have made the cut in the Grand Prix. Still very fun though!

Spoiler
Week 172.PNG
Asteroid

First time using any sort of spatial tool, so it was a bit of trial and error, and a couple of tool searches, but I figured it out!

Spoiler
image.png
Asteroid

Great!

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 172.PNG
Meteoroid

My solution!