Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I'm glad I wasn't doing on stage or I would died from panic!!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

You have to admire @NicoleJohnson and @T_Willins.  Striking out on their own.  Blazing a new trail.  Not following instructions:)

Spoiler
Unlike those rebels above, I followed the hint and used the Make Group tool.  What a clever little thing it is.

WF.png

Dan

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
rtorresb16
5 - Atom

My solution

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
pjdit
8 - Asteroid

My Solution..   Fun to get to use new tools, and Old tools in new ways..  

Spoiler
Challenge_172_Spoiler.JPG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@danilang - This is the second time in a month I've realized (far too late) that the Make Groups tool could have been extremely efficient & useful. Underappreciated Alteryx tools for the win!! Well done reading the instructions - I should probably try that sometime haha. 😉

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I'll challenge you on the not following instructions part.  The hint was "You will make 5 groups", not "use the Make Groups tool".  I'm not going to feel too bad if I solution like @NicoleJohnson as I was inspired to start working through the weekly challenges by watching her win the 2018 Grand Prix.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Reliving this question, I wish I would have tried to not use the Make Group tool (one I have never used before and was trying to learn on the spot) and think about the other spatial tools like I did here similar to @NicoleJohnson 

I am definitely learning a lot from the Make Group solutions!

Spoiler
Challenge 172.PNG

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

Spoiler
Thank your very much @JimmyG for this challenge! I really love spatial problems 😄

8 minutes...

challenge_172_workflow.PNG

DataG8
8 - Asteroid

Make groups is a complex tool.

Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG