community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #170: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 1

Alteryx Certified Partner

@echuong I definitely can't remember the answer..

Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge170_viveknshah.JPG

This was fun! I have never used ETS predictive before so was good to learn that component hence all those browse tools at the end. Took me 20 minutes because all the playing around. 

Comet
Spoiler
Workflow 170.GIF

Goal (and not just to watch):

GP2020.jpg

Asteroid

This was a fun one! Took me a little bit longer than the folks on stage (but who's counting!?).

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Quasar

Whew.

Spoiler
grandprix solution.png

Unfortunately I had to leave inspire before the grand prix, so no clue how I would have fared.

Image-1.jpg

Asteroid

Finished in just under 11 minutes in the comfort of my desk. Can't imagine what it must have been like to be on stage in front of 5,000 slightly inebriated nerds! Respect!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Alteryx Partner

Solution is below:

Spoiler
challenge_170.png
Nebula
Nebula

And a fine time was had by all!

Spoiler
WF.png

There seems to an interesting split between those who chose to work with wide data, those enlightened individuals who worked with the long form data. 

Not that I'm judging!

Dan

After failing the Expert exam due to time mismanagement I am hitting the weekly challenges as fast as I can go.  This is not pretty but stream-of-consciousness got me to the end and the correct answer on my first try.  Also, I plan on putting a comment in on every challenge to record my time, no matter how ugly.

Spoiler
170.png

Now that I've looked at other entries I see that using a stopwatch on one's phone is a great way to get an accurate measure.  I went from file creation time to time of the run and rounded up to the next whole minute.

Asteroid

Pleasantly surprised that my solution is similar to some of the already posted solutions!

Spoiler
PH_Solution.PNG