Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #170: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 1

aazimh
8 - Asteroid

The wording for Step 2 was a bit confusing (or I just didn't read it closely enough) but this was a lot of fun!

helpfultoaster
Alteryx
Alteryx

703 on 2019.4

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great challenge. I took some time to find the TS Filler tool, so probably I would've failed the Grand Prix (lol).

Spoiler
Thableaus_0-1622925234435.png

Struggled to find an easy way to insert the missing values. So I found the TS Filler tool which made everything easy.
Other than that, the challenge was pretty straight forward.

Cheers,

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Done!

Joe_McCoy
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
After several minutes of trying things following the summation, I opened the turbo boost only to /headslap myself recalling the dozens of workflows I have where I use the crosstab tool to remove null values from my work. But it's done and I now have a mental note to never forget the crosstab/transpose tools ever again.
cwkoops
8 - Asteroid

I think I made it through the prelims 

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Going fast with Alteryx.

Spoiler
170 - 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 1 - Kilian.png
Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

My solution:

Spoiler

Used wrong forecast method first, so took a bit to troubleshoot why my answer was a little bit off 😛

Elias_Nordlinder_0-1627388529019.png

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission.

jonathanwillis
8 - Asteroid

I know I'm late to the party here... and my workflow is probably the least efficient, but here you go!