community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #170: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 1

Atom
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Meteoroid
Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.01.05 PM.png

I think I added a bunch of steps that could have been done more efficiently.  Also had to download the predictive tools so that took some time.  

Alteryx Partner

Great challenge! 3 minutes reading and 7 minutes buliding a workflow

Spoiler
I used appends to find the complete list of combinations of years and camps (my answer was 700 using Alteryx Designer 2019.1.6.58192)

Spoiler
170.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution:

Spoiler
Glad I made an interpolation macro a couple of weeks ago  
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Spoiler.PNG
Asteroid

Asteroid

Didn't need the turbo boost, but after solving the turbo boost is a simpler approach to what I did to fill in the missing values.

Spoiler
challenge_grandprix_heat1.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 22.41.00.png

... not very 'Alteryx' of me to have calculated the missing values in a Formula tool after manually looking up the previous and next values in a Browse tool but I wasn't feeling very creative.
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Exactly the same solution as Nashville,

Spoiler
Challenge 170 - Capture.PNG

Asteroid