Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #170: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 1

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@echuong I definitely can't remember the answer..

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge170_viveknshah.JPG

This was fun! I have never used ETS predictive before so was good to learn that component hence all those browse tools at the end. Took me 20 minutes because all the playing around. 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Workflow 170.GIF

Goal (and not just to watch):

GP2020.jpg

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

This was a fun one! Took me a little bit longer than the folks on stage (but who's counting!?).

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

Whew.

Spoiler
grandprix solution.png

Unfortunately I had to leave inspire before the grand prix, so no clue how I would have fared.

Image-1.jpg

acastelazo
8 - Asteroid

Finished in just under 11 minutes in the comfort of my desk. Can't imagine what it must have been like to be on stage in front of 5,000 slightly inebriated nerds! Respect!

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Solution is below:

Spoiler
challenge_170.png
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

And a fine time was had by all!

Spoiler
WF.png

There seems to an interesting split between those who chose to work with wide data, those enlightened individuals who worked with the long form data. 

Not that I'm judging!

Dan

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

After failing the Expert exam due to time mismanagement I am hitting the weekly challenges as fast as I can go.  This is not pretty but stream-of-consciousness got me to the end and the correct answer on my first try.  Also, I plan on putting a comment in on every challenge to record my time, no matter how ugly.

Spoiler
170.png

Now that I've looked at other entries I see that using a stopwatch on one's phone is a great way to get an accurate measure.  I went from file creation time to time of the run and rounded up to the next whole minute.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Pleasantly surprised that my solution is similar to some of the already posted solutions!

Spoiler
PH_Solution.PNG