Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #17: Month-over-Month Retention Rate

aazimh
8 - Asteroid

This definitely did my head in with the definitions of opens and closes, but a good test for batch macros.

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

I needed a lot of help with this one since I have 0 experience with macros.  But at least now I know the basics and how to export as a yxzp package. 🙂

mat_budden
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Please find my Answer Below.

Spoiler
This one was a little bit tricky to understand the problem, However the Macro was fairly straightforward. I have included the original workflow to show how i designed the macro in the workflow using Samples to check individual lines and then copied it over into the final macro.

Thanks

Mat

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
Annotation 2019-10-07 155423.pngAnnotation 2019-10-07 155439.png

Sam

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_17_RODO_Solution.png
challenge_17_RODO_Macro_Solution.png
Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution :

Spoiler
Main workflow with macro inset.

Challenge17.jpg
justindavis
10 - Fireball

Agree with previous comments about retention rate being the inverse of the provided solution, but other than that calculation difference got this batch macro working in no time compared to previous attempts at similar things.

Spoiler
challenge_17_solution_justindavis.PNGchallenge_17_solution_justindavis_pt_2.PNG
sgrabish1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for practice exercise!

Illya
8 - Asteroid

Really good found this one quite tough to start with. Then I went back to basics and built it without the batch macro.

After that it was easy to see which bits needed to be moved into the macro.

Not entirely sure what the point of doing it with a macro is (Efficiency?) but I appreciated the practice nonetheless.

Nice one thanks for the challenge.