Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #17: Month-over-Month Retention Rate

MaxGiegerich
8 - Asteroid

Solved! Although not getting the same numbers as the output... My checks seem to add up for instance:

• 2013-06-01 1/4 = 0.25: 
    • Open within prior 24 months = 4 (ID 1-4)
    • Closed in month = 1 (ID 4)

Output has 1/3. Also denominators are usually on the bottom. Great macro practice though! Feel like I got this one licked quite efficiently, assuming I'm correct!

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution is attached.  Tried to go at this without a batch macro and was not getting very far.  The Batch macro simplified this greatly.

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

The tricky part here was realizing I shouldn't count accounts that had already closed.

Batch Macro:

Spoiler
macro.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

Definitely agree with others that the wording for closed/open accounts could be improved. 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 02.55.04.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-12 at 02.54.52.png
dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Very confused with the wording of the text...

Phil_L57
7 - Meteor

I've uploaded 2 solutions, one with a generate rows and one with the batch macro

samN
10 - Fireball

the retention percentage seems a little off. Seems it should be 1-% to get the true retention rate instead of reporting churn rate? Anyways good problem

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A bit convoluted, but able to complete without using a macro.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Solution attached

Spoiler
challenge_17 - Snip.PNG