community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #17: Month-over-Month Retention Rate

Alteryx Partner

Workflow

Spoiler
image.png

Macro

Spoiler
image.png
Asteroid

solution attached

Asteroid

PFA my solution

Asteroid

Solution attached.  This one was not easy for me, struggled to get the iterative macro right. I was able to get a standard workflow developed without issue, but I guess I need more work on developing iterative macros. 

Spoiler
Challenge 17a MP.pngWorkflow PortionChallenge 17b MP.pngIterative Macro
Spoiler
Challenge_17_solution.pngChallenge_17_macro.png
Asteroid

My solution is attached.

Thank you. 

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Screenshot.png
David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here we go!

Spoiler
17 overview.pngA little data preparation before using the macro

Spoiler
17 batch macro.pngThe Close formula is quite simple, but the open formula should take into account that an account should not be counted in the month after it has closed. Luckily the intended results were available for validating the outcome
Highlighted
Spoiler
Challenge17b.PNG

Challenge17a.PNG

Asteroid

Change my view: A batch macro is just a fancy more complicated way of using an append fields and other tools with grouping capabilities.