community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #169: Women's World Cup Wins

Comet

Pretty quick challenge

Spoiler
Workflow 169.GIF

Meteoroid
Spoiler
Spoiler Alert#169.JPG
Comet
Spoiler
I like how the input data is a separate file as it:
1) checks users know how to read in different delimited files
2) As users are likely to save the input file to the same location as the workflow then it makes viewing other people's solutions a bit easier compared to when the files are packaged up.

Here's my solution:

challenge 169.PNG

Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Nice one

Spoiler
Untitled.png

Alteryx Certified Partner

I do love the weekly challenges, and here is my solution

Spoiler
This is a nice "beginner" task, since you will need to import the CSV file yourself.

Meaning, finding the right tool and the import a ANSI file that has tab as delimiter (\t).
2019-06-25 13_08_04-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_169_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngSettings

I am not sure if it is "cheating" to use the Formula tool, but the winner can be determined using a formula like this:

Winner = IF [score_i]>[score_j] THEN [Team_i] ELSEIF [score_i]<[score_j] THEN [Team_j] ELSE Null() ENDIF

The is was just a matter on do a Count NonNull's on the result, sort and pick the fist record

2019-06-25 13_04_31-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_169_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngWorkflow

That is how I matched the provided result

2019-06-25 13_04_55-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_169_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngResult

Still Climbing

/Verakso

Asteroid

Nice little challenge!

Asteroid

My Solution

Nebula
Nebula

Fun one

England.jpg

Spoiler
wf.png