community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #168: Dice Game - Born to Solve

Alteryx Partner

Maybe not the most efficient solution, but it was fun getting there:

Spoiler
challenge 168.jpg
Aurora
Aurora

Nice combinatorial exercise!

Annotation 2019-07-09 084959.png

Spoiler

Solution.png

Asteroid

All,

I used Append Fields and the Summarize and a Join to finish.

-Cheers!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Matt

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Challenge_168_LG.PNG

Turned this into a hacker statistics problem using the generate rows tool.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Spoiler
Capture.PNGDiceRoll.PNGRandom.PNG
Meteor
Spoiler
spoiler168.png
Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge 168 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
Asteroid

Challenge Completed 

Alteryx Partner

I applied a macro approach for a change

Spoiler
168 histogram.pngI run the macro for 500 iterations and used a histogram to give me all the outputs in a visual display

more details:

Spoiler
168 iterative macro.pngI modified the 3 inputs into one macro input which I used for 500 iterations and for one output with the score of that independent iteration. (Almost like writing a for loop in R)
Meteoroid

Here is my solution. This can be applied where  where there may be multiple common scores too.

Spoiler
Weekly challenge alteryx.png