Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #168: Dice Game - Born to Solve

shnbrb
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution - as an extra curiosity I also wanted to see which combinations of individual die scores created the 12 results for the most common score.

Spoiler
Solution 168.PNG
MattBenj
9 - Comet

Solution 168.

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

Had fun trying out Max/Min/Med functions, they turned out to be an easy way to get the job done with one formula (:

Spoiler
Dice Games ZH.png
SandeepSK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Solution attached and can be seen below in image.

Spoiler
Challenge 168.PNG
Ruud
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

I like these challenges where there is no trial and error; drag, drop, isequal, upload.

WeiHan
6 - Meteoroid

1.PNG

EricR

Here is my solution

Vidya26
8 - Asteroid

My Solution!!!

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Another one that I had been over complicating XD

Cal_A
7 - Meteor

A belated response, but I am new to this so looking at old WC for a bit of training.

Spoiler
WC168.GIF

I used one text-input and basically duplicated it by having multiple feeds to give all permutations of Dice1,Dice2,Dice3.  Then a simply formula to calcul "Result".  GroupBy used to count the instance of each result, and then Sort to bring the solution to the top.

Pretty basic, but the first time I found an actual use for Append Fields (which isn't needed much in my area of work).

I feel like there should be a more efficient way to find the Max,Min an Median.