Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #168: Dice Game - Born to Solve

seanpsmith00
6 - Meteoroid

JSNelson08
8 - Asteroid

It's not an elegant solution, but it gets the job done... 

seanpsmith00
6 - Meteoroid
It’s my first one. I’ll get better 😊
spriya17
7 - Meteor

Fun challenge! Looks I came up with the same workflow as @EstherB47, but without a 1000 eyes and ears on me! :) Good one Esther! 

Spoiler
Challenge 168.PNG

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
I leveraged one formula to take care of calculating all the P&Cs and summarised to identify max probability score. 
challenge168_viveknshah.JPG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Congrats to @estherb47 , and excellent challenge @patrick_digan 

I have to echo @NicoleJohnson's sentiment here.  Sorry I missed it, but there was just so much to see at Inspire!

Spoiler
wf.png

Dan

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@danilang I am so glad to have met you in person at Inspire this year!!! Putting faces to community handles was a wonderful highlight of the week.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I totally agree @estherb47 

Learning new things is fun, but meeting new people is more enriching.

Dan

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello @T_Willins  I understand that when the 3 dices are thrown it is an independent event, but listing all the possible combinations would mean that there would be 36 combinations where two dices have the same value; for example: 6-6-1 or 1-1-6. Since those combinations belong to the universe of possible combinations, it means that when taking the highest, mean, and minimum of those combinations, a combination would be repeated.

I may be wrong, but I think 36 events need to be excluded and filtered out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

edwin_isensee
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution

Spoiler
Solution.png