community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #167: Grand Prix 2019

Alteryx Partner

thx!

Meteoroid

Just started learning Alteryx for few days.

Asteroid

Here is mine! Looks a lot like everyone elses. That Driver Standings was there just to throw us off.

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 167.PNG
Alteryx Partner

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I've just started to complete these challenges a few days ago and took this beginner challenge and applied some more advanced techniques from older challenges to test these newly acquired skills.  For example, the record for Ray Reed was missing a value in the dob field so I used the included url to download this wikipedia page and leveraged regex to parse out his birth date and join back to the dataset.  In the end, it didn't matter as he never was a Grand Prix champion, but it was fun to test myself by building a complete dataset that could be used to answer additional questions with full confidence that all data points are being considered.

In any event, my solution is below!

Spoiler
challenge_167.png
Meteor

Is there anyway to download the starting data if I have an older version of Alteryx (2018.4)?  

Asteroid

My solution 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

However ideal solution should count not the last race of the year, but the race when one driver becomes unstoppable (no need to wait end of season).

Instructional Designer
Instructional Designer

Hi @elpc,

You should see a dialogue box when you attempt to open the workflow. Just respond "Yes" and it will open up!

workflow compatability.PNG

Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #167.PNG