Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #167: Grand Prix 2019

PeterGoldey
11 - Bolide

thx!

angelina4248
6 - Meteoroid

Just started learning Alteryx for few days.

Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

bnelly1987
8 - Asteroid

Here is mine! Looks a lot like everyone elses. That Driver Standings was there just to throw us off.

Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 167.PNG
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I've just started to complete these challenges a few days ago and took this beginner challenge and applied some more advanced techniques from older challenges to test these newly acquired skills.  For example, the record for Ray Reed was missing a value in the dob field so I used the included url to download this wikipedia page and leveraged regex to parse out his birth date and join back to the dataset.  In the end, it didn't matter as he never was a Grand Prix champion, but it was fun to test myself by building a complete dataset that could be used to answer additional questions with full confidence that all data points are being considered.

In any event, my solution is below!

Spoiler
challenge_167.png
ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Is there anyway to download the starting data if I have an older version of Alteryx (2018.4)?  

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

My solution 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
klyuka
8 - Asteroid

However ideal solution should count not the last race of the year, but the race when one driver becomes unstoppable (no need to wait end of season).

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ELPC,

You should see a dialogue box when you attempt to open the workflow. Just respond "Yes" and it will open up!

workflow compatability.PNG

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #167.PNG