community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #166: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - at Inspire

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution - first time formatting a report map, which was a bit of an adventure

Bolide
Bolide

My map!

Spoiler
Challenge166.JPG
Asteroid

I really enjoyed this challenge, it forced me to spend time with some of the reporting tools that I have not used much.  I would love to see more like this.

Asteroid

All,

This one was fun for me as I had to use Spatial Tools, Multi-Row formulas and Join tools.

-My workflow gets the job done, but it is nowhere near as pretty as some of the others that i have seen.

-Cheers!

Reesetrain

Meteor

First weekly challenge attempt. Here is my solution.Alteryx Challenge 166.pngAlteryx Challenge 166 - Map.png

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution. I spent a long time formatting the graph.... Hope you like it.

Spoiler
Challenge 166 - Capture Output.PNGOutputChallenge 166 - Capture.PNGWorkflow
Asteroid

Good one! 

Here's my approach:

Quasar

Reporting tools....

Spoiler
Challenge #166 result.PNGcouldn't keep the scale from being over the start or some text being cut off. I chose to cut off some text...Challenge #166.PNG
Alteryx Partner

This was fun, even though I am not going to Nashville 😢

I need to give a shout-out to @NicoleJohnson for mentioning something about changing the icons in the map.
That have me so intrigued, that I rushed over to the Tool Mastery Index to learn more about the Report Map Tool.

Spoiler
So here is my take on this

2019-06-04 11_49_45-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_166_solution_verakso.yxmd_.pngMy WorkflowI have tried to compare the provided result with mine, but it is not 100% identical so this is the closest I could manage to get
2019-06-04 11_45_49-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_166_solution_verakso.yxmd - Browse (76).pngMy Map
It took me a while to get the map to look something like the one provided, but it was fun to play around with the settings.
I am not totally satisfied, but I am not done playing with the map tool either 😉

Asteroid

That was really fun! Have a good time in Nashville :)