Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #166: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - at Inspire

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution - first time formatting a report map, which was a bit of an adventure

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My map!

Spoiler
Challenge166.JPG
bkclaw113
9 - Comet

I really enjoyed this challenge, it forced me to spend time with some of the reporting tools that I have not used much.  I would love to see more like this.

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

This one was fun for me as I had to use Spatial Tools, Multi-Row formulas and Join tools.

-My workflow gets the job done, but it is nowhere near as pretty as some of the others that i have seen.

-Cheers!

Reesetrain

meads
7 - Meteor

First weekly challenge attempt. Here is my solution.Alteryx Challenge 166.pngAlteryx Challenge 166 - Map.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution. I spent a long time formatting the graph.... Hope you like it.

Spoiler
OutputOutputWorkflowWorkflow
NancyS
8 - Asteroid

Good one! 

Here's my approach:

kat
12 - Quasar

Reporting tools....

Spoiler
couldn't keep the scale from being over the start or some text being cut off. I chose to cut off some text...couldn't keep the scale from being over the start or some text being cut off. I chose to cut off some text...Challenge #166.PNG
Verakso
11 - Bolide

This was fun, even though I am not going to Nashville 😢

I need to give a shout-out to @NicoleJohnson for mentioning something about changing the icons in the map.
That have me so intrigued, that I rushed over to the Tool Mastery Index to learn more about the Report Map Tool.

Spoiler
So here is my take on this

My WorkflowMy WorkflowI have tried to compare the provided result with mine, but it is not 100% identical so this is the closest I could manage to get
My MapMy Map
It took me a while to get the map to look something like the one provided, but it was fun to play around with the settings.
I am not totally satisfied, but I am not done playing with the map tool either 😉

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

That was really fun! Have a good time in Nashville :)