Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA
SOLVED

Challenge #165: KRYPTOS!!!

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

Nice one! I'm going to try Section III another day!

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

I have another solution for Section 3. Which also indicate by the site from JohnJPS

It also ease to encoded.

Spoiler
After I replace all the Text/Character to RecordID it become like this.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

After I convert to List. I found there have a fixed movement. which is Add 192 and the next will be minus 145.
2.PNG

Hence I create a list to test. I found another issue, it over 336 recordID.

4.PNG

After an analysis, it equal to the list when i used MOD( [Test] , 337) (I have no idea why not 336)

3.PNG

then base on this logic. we can ease to build a workflow for this.

Here my workflow

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

@Pang_Hee_Choy,

Great work - very nice and concise.  Mod(337) is a Mod of the length of the original text: and also, 192 + 145 = 337, that same length. So, what you've just created is a very quick/easy way to address any such mapping by using your trick of adding things up and the applying the Mod() function to specify the entire transposition: even if you didn't have the hint we found at the website, you could run through an iterative macro that tries 1/336 then 2/335 and etc up through all possibilities, and one of the outputs will be the correct answer.  A great tool to have in your bag of tricks. My second solution does something similar, but at first glance, yours definitely looks more efficient.

Again - great job!

- John

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Sections I & II. Need to spend some more time to understand S.III

Spoiler
dsmdavid_0-1582561445521.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

This was a great challenge. Need to come back again to work more on this.

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

hat's a good challenge! Will tackle sections III and IV another time (mostly because I saw some hints so now I'm trying to forget them and try again with a clear-ish mind). 

Spoiler
hanykowska_0-1590003110196.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 165 is done!

Spoiler
image.png
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge 165 solved. Really nice challenge, I enjoyed this one probably a bit more that I should

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-12 065917.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC165.PNG

Parts 1 & 2 solved!