community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #164: Retail Therapy

Bolide
Bolide

Discrepancy in 1119 threw me too...glad others identified it because I'd still be looking!

Asteroid

Good Fun!

Nancy

Meteor

20190516_ANSWER.pngFirst time answering the Question

I am not sure that this is the right place to answer the weekly challenge

My approach is

1. rank by asscending by "Rating"

2. and give the number by grouping the "Class Name" through the Multi_Row Formula

3. and Filter only the Five highest from each "Class Name"

Must try to condense as the model answers

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reading

Alteryx Partner

Here's my solution for the challenge. I had some difficulties in understanding the requirement. But as I see the expected output, the question and the solution is pretty simple !!

Pulsar
Pulsar

Fun challenge!!

Spoiler
Decided to deal first with the discrepancy in the data by using only the first instance of item 1119. My first solution (topmost in the flow) looks like many others.

But, I noticed that some ratings were tied, and the ones that made it into the final result were simply the first from the list. Second solution lets all tied results in as the top 5, so there are many more answers at the end. Did this with a Tile tool, set to Unique Values, with Unique Value being the average rating, grouped on department and class. Then a filter for where that tile number is <=5

image.png
Alteryx Partner
Alteryx Partner

Nice one :)

Spoiler
Untitled.png
Quasar

A quick one 

Spoiler
Challenge #164.PNG
Meteoroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Alteryx Partner

This is my first Challenge response, but I kept hitting the #1119 issue. It was important to me to match the desired output exactly, so thanks to Verakso's approach, it gave me the insight I needed.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.33.56 PM.png
Asteroid

dd requirements, feels like they are asking you to make products appear better than they are by ignoring specific reviews :/ 

Would be interested to know what the Positive Feedback Reviews field is supposed to represent